You do not have to give us any personal information in order to browse our website.
However, if you wish to register on our websites, subscribe to a service, book places at events, request further information, contact us, complete any surveys, participate in any online learning tools, enter competitions, or provide content for inclusion on our websites (e.g., blogs or other online forums) we will collect certain data, including personal data. The data we collect may include:
- title, name, address, business phone number(s), email address and gender;
- employment details, such as your current role and responsibilities, experience, seniority, salary and education;
- information about your organisation and the industry that you work in;
- areas of interest which you have notified us about, as well as what we can infer from your engagement with our products and services;
- your marketing preferences;
- your newsletter preferences;
- any data recoverable from social networking sites, where permission from you has been obtained; and
- any other information that you submit to us.
We may receive the above information directly from you or from your colleague or corporate contact who registers for a subscription or event on your behalf.
Please note that not all of the information we request is mandatory to provide you with the service. You are not required to provide any optional information.
TGP is the controller of your personal data. TGP will process such data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In accordance with data protection legislation, we will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. These bases are: (i) where it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you; (ii) where you have provided your consent; (iii) where it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to; or (iv) where it is in our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests and such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Consent for processing
By providing your personal data, you give TGP explicitly your consent to process these personal data for the above-mentioned purposes. However, you can choose in a separate statement to be excluded from the processing of your personal data.
Our own marketing: We may from time to time contact you by email, SMS, telephone or post about our products and services (including from all our brands within our business) that may be of interest to you (legitimate interests, of us, to promote our products and services, and of our customers, to keep them up to date with promotions, events and subscriptions which may be relevant to their professions and job roles). Further information about such marketing is below.
Opting-out: Our customers and potential customers always have the right to let us know that they no longer want to be contacted for marketing purposes. If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications from us, or would like to change the channels that we use to contact you, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive, or email us, stating your preferences, at email@example.com
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right of access to your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive your personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interests (or those of a third party) for a particular purpose and you believe your circumstances mean you are unjustifiably prejudiced by this processing and where we do not have compelling legitimate interests to override such objection;
- a right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for the purpose of direct marketing) and you can find out more information about how to unsubscribe or adjust your marketing preferences in Paragraph 3 above.
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which significantly affects you;
- a right in certain circumstances to have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to complain to your data protection supervisory authority.
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to protect you, we reserve the right to verify your identity before processing any such request.
If you are unsure about your rights, you should contact your data protection supervisory authority.
Updating your personal information
You may review, correct, update, or change your personal information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Often, where you have signed up for an online account on our website, you can also amend your details via that online account.
Ownership of data
The User warrants that the personal data provided is its own. Registration with personal data of a third party is strictly prohibited, except in case of unambiguous, explicit consent by such party.
The User warrants not being a minor under applicable law.
Transfer of data to third countries
Transfer to third countries
Considering that the Internet is a global environment, the transmission of data across international boundaries is inherent to the use of Internet for the collection and processing of data. Therefore, by browsing the website and submitting personal information to TGP, you acknowledge TGP’s processing of your personal data on this basis.
Security and retention of personal data
Security of personal data
TGP will take appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organisational measures based on industry practices and available technology necessary for the protection of your personal data against accidental or unauthorised destruction, accidental loss, or other illegitimate processing, such as unauthorised alteration of or access to your data. In case of an unlikely data breach, TGP cannot be held responsible for any damages or expenses resulting from such a breach.
Retention of personal data
TGP is not responsible for hypertext links to other sites, particularly for those sites’ content or privacy policies.